Tuesday 6 December 2016

FTP Operations Are Not Working

I’ve noticed something very interesting in the log file when the ‘GET’ operation stopped working (Poll files from remote server).
I found some errors like:

BINDING.JCA-11007
No Data to process
BINDING.JCA-11430
Error in listing files in the remote directory.
Unable to list file in remote directory.
Please make sure that the ftp server settings are correct
Caused by: BINDING.JCA-11426
Unable to enter passive mode
File Adapter testTab PollWork::run exiting, Worker thread will die
Digging into it made me understand that the log will not always direct me to the solution and solve my problem.
I thought about posting here some of the reasons that might cause the ‘GET’ operation for stop working (might help also for ‘PUT’ operation).
I really hope  some of the solutions or explanation can help you. I will try add more details in the future if I will encounter other problems.
I’ve divided it into local & remote issues:
On the remote server:
  1. The permissions on the remote server changed and you can’t poll files
  2. There are too many files in the polling directory.
    FTP adapter work in that way, that it first lists all the existing files, and in the end it polls the relevant file.
    (In that way an incoming new file will not be taken during the polling operation)
    If you have a timeout limitation, the FTP adapter will not have sufficient time to poll the required file.
  3. The polling directory is not correct.
    There might be a mapping between the home directory on the remote server to your local network.
On the local server:
  1. Verify you don’t have a process with old version that is still active
  2. On the JNDI connection (WL console) enter manually the remote server details (host/user/password).
  3. Verify you redeploy the FtpAdapter correctly. For most cases you need to update the deployment, as I explained in my post: ‘Put’ operation failed due to a stale connection.
  4. After updating the FtpAdapter/JNDI connection, enter it again and verify the updated data exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment